Sunday, January 10, 2010

We're Back!

We survived. Barely.

The cruise was wonderful, a little cold, and a little uneventful, but still had a lot of fun.

Day 1:

After our three, yes, 3 connecting flights, we and our baggage made it. It was a REALLY long day. We finally got to our hotel about 2am. Whew!

Day 2:

Sleep, South Beach, and boarding the ship.

Day 3:

Freeport/Grand Bahama Island. COLD COLD COLD! It was WINDY, and COLD, so no water fun for us this day. We took a cab to the local marketplace, walked through some random hotel and found the beach. Only to dare put our feet in. Hey, I thought we were in the Bahamas???

Day 4:

Nassau/Paradise Island. This was supposed to be the day to swim with the sting-rays, but again, TOO COLD. Darn. So, we gave in and took a glass bottom boat. It was the closest to snorkeling without actually having to get in the water! After a few short minutes looking at the bottom of the ocean, we headed over to Paradise Island and visited the Atlantis. What a cool resort! We went to the aquarium and did a little exploring of the place. Pretty cool. After, we walked over to Nassau and tasted the local fare of Conch salad. Weird. I opted for some fried shrimp, and they were De-Licous!

Day 5:

Great Stirrup Cay. Our Best weather day by far. 70, and that felt warm. In fact, I even got away with a little sunburn on my chest and nose, which are now both peeling. Love the arid, dryness that is Utah. We snorkeled and saw some Lion Fish, Star Fish and even a Jelly Fish! Thanks to some good advise from one of the cruise crew members, we missed out on having to pay the $30 snorkel fee by hiking a half a mile to the "nude" beach. :)

Day 6:

We got off the boat early, rented a car, and drove down to the Everglades. We visited the Everglades Alligator Farm, and it was great! We rode in an airboat, got soaked, I held a baby alligator, etc. This was probably one of our most fun days, and we didn't even have to leave the country for it!

Day 7:

We made it home, but our luggage did not. Not until 1:30am the next morning, thanks to United Airlines, and their speed recovery services.

I am glad to be back, I know, crazy, but really! Keli and Sean and the kids picked us up from the airport, and it just reminded me of how glad I am they are back! It is so nice to have my family close. Now, If we can just convince Jill..... :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're back! Luckily you got a day of beach in anyway! Can't wait for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have more fun than anybody I know. Keep it up and welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had fun, I just wish it was warmer for you. I am also so glad that Sean and Keli are home. Jill, we need you here too!

    ReplyDelete