Monday, May 16, 2011

Lake Mead


We survived.

We had a great time.

We are glad to be home.

Day 1 - Absolutely perfect weather. Elliott fought her life jacket a bit, but after just a few minutes she would fall asleep. Josh skied first thing, and hurt his ankle again. He skied a few more times and convinced himself it felt better and better. Elliott and I mostly stayed on the beach under the shade. E didn't have to wait long for
someone to come play with her.

Day 2 - HOT HOT HOT. So hot, Elliott was miserable most the day. We stripped her down to her onesie and she even got a little dip. She was such a funny napper. She would nap completely spread eagle on the blanket and didn't want to move for anything. We stayed in the shade on the beach the whole day, and when we got home, E had a very red face. It couldn't possibly have been a sunburn, so it must have been a heat rash or something. Whatever it was, it was sure cute. :) Our Sweet hotel had a sweet Seafood buffet. Josh and Dave ate their weight in mussels and clams. Poor Dave paid for it all night, while the Quincy's slept through it all.


Day 3 - Jill brought Carter and Kinney out and took E and me back. It was a horribly windy day, and I wasn't about to do another day on the hot beach with the baby. Thanks to Jill we had a great day, and even got some Father's Day shopping done. :) Later that night the brave boaters came home to Jill's for some Buffalo Wild Wings and Olivia's first ever homemade brownies. They were delicious; Nunn would be proud!

We really had a good time, and I am glad to have the first ever boat trip under my belt. I was really nervous on how it would go, and we did just fine. I will be forever grateful to my mom who did this all the time. I sure wish she was here to tell me how she did it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad it went well! I hope Josh's ankle really is better!! Elliott looks very cute with the little left over tan! She is so fun! No pictures of you and Josh? Yeah, Elliott is the most important!

    ReplyDelete