Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Roughin' It

I'm off to Girls Camp this week....

I am actually really excited! We have great girls, and they are all a lot of fun!

I am sure I will return with a few mosquito bites, and lots of fun stories and pictures.

In fact, getting ready to go has made me think of my years at Girls Camp. I don't think there is one bad memory from camp. We always had SO much fun.

My favorite story though, has to do with my mom. She was in the Stake YW when I was about 16. She was going around visiting each wards Testimony meeting, so she came to ours last. She came and sat down in a lawn chair while the spirit was so strong. Just as she sat down, her chair folded up, with her in it, and boy did she scream!

At that moment, I was so happy that she was my mom. She always had such a great spirit with her, regardless if she was listening to our testimonies, or rolling down the hill in a lawn chair.

I hope that this year at Girls Camp I can be as good of leader, as my mom was. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Meg, You are going to have a ball! The girls already love you and will have so much fun with you! I'm sure that your mom is going to be watching and enjoying every minute of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved girls camp! Your mom was the best sport--we pulled so many jokes on her, Pat and LaVera. Testimony meetings were the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I am so bumbed because I won't be able to go to girls camp this year they don't let any pregnant people come to the heber girls camp so I am out of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot you were going! I have been texting and calling you. Finally I text Josh and he said he misses you too. So call me when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun!! Funny story about your mom, what a crack up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are back safely in spite of the bear/racoon attack.

    ReplyDelete