Tuesday, June 30, 2009

6 WHOLE months


That's HALF a year, my friends.


6 months ago today, Josh and I were married. I always promised myself I wouldn't be one of those "obsessed with being married types", but come on, 6 months!


Amid the trails that Josh and I have had to face over the last 6 months, we have continued to stay married, and actually still love each other. Probably even more than the day we got married, believe it or not.


Things I have gotten used to since being married:


  • Laundry, laundry and MORE laundry
  • Cooking. I didn't know I had so much culinary talent....neither did Josh, and if he did, he probably wouldn't have married me!
  • Sleeping with someone in your bed, and someone who you can kick in the middle of the night
  • Always having someone to come home to, or being someones someone to come home to ( I like this one)
  • Ice Cream before bed, but not alone
  • Shopping at Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Target, all with gift cards - in fact, I think we STILL have some
  • Grocery shopping....ick!
  • Having someones shoulder to cry on. Even if he doesn't know why
  • AWESOME in-laws!
I am really thankful to be married to Josh. I love him so much, and am so grateful for him, and the things he does for me. I can't imagine my life without him.


11 comments:

  1. Way to go 6 months! Man I can't believe it. It really has gone by so fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. it has gone fast! that means 6 months since i got engaged...which feels like FOREVER ago. weird. but i love your list. i think i totally agree with it, ESPECIALLY the laundry! holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laundry is hard to get used to, 18 yrs later and I still HATE it! Congrats on 6 mo. You'll blink and you'll be celebrating 10!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I'm so glad you joined the family! Just think, by the time you hit the 1 year mark, you'll have 2 more neices/nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is hilarious! It must be love to stick with him when he looks like that! I think you are doing amazingly well at the homemaker stuff! I can't imagine our family without you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are naturals. It seems like you guys have been married forever already. Thanks for being our kids' second parents. It's good practice for the upcoming year...hint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you both, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm amazed you have any culinary talent. I mean come on, I thought Jill got the cooking, you got the good looks, Troy got the best sisters in the world, and I got the boobs.

    Maybe you'll be the favorite after all!

    Love you! Miss you!

    Happy 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The laundry doesn't get any easier. Just wait until you add your 5 kids and all of their laundry too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Meg! I found your blog off of Heidi's!! Good to see life is treating you well! you and your hubby are so cute!! i still think of your mom a lot! what a wonderful lady she is!!!

    ReplyDelete