Thursday, June 11, 2009

EscarGO!

I have snails.

I HATE snails. I would like to know a snails purpose in life, beside making mine a living Hell.

They are slimy, basically homeless, leave a trail where ever they go, and not the good kind like Hansel and Gretel, and they eat my plants. My peas are destroyed, and my Dahlia's are next on their list.

A few have taken flight over the fence into the College boy's yard, one went for a ride on Carl's windshield, three have found their untimely deaths by table salt, and a couple have had the pleasure of seeing the bottom of my shoe.

I can't believe people actually eat these things. I want to eat one, just to feel it's bones crush through my teeth.

*ok, really I am lying, I don't want to eat one, and do nails actually have bones???

5 comments:

  1. My kids like to throw them in the road and hear them crunch as they land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the peas and the dahlias! We have some snail bait around here somewhere. They love this rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck! I hate snails too. My kids love to bring them in and show me because I totally freak out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't you had escargot on a cruise? I thought we all tried them? They really aren't that bad, mostly you just taste the garlic. No bones involved, I'm afraid.

    I hear a pie tin full of beer will attract them, and then they drown in the beer. Personally, I liked them. We liked finding the teeny tiny ones at the bottom of my plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had snails at our last house! Beer in a pie tin worked great for me! Good luck! P.S. I miss you! Lets get together!

    ReplyDelete