Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The new Do' and "Memories Flooding Remembering"

Memorial Day was so nice! It was such a fun weekend. I don't think Josh I spent more than 5 minutes at our apartment all weekend! When we FINALLY got home last night, we crashed. We were exhausted!


Since I LOVE LOVE LOVE bullets, so here goes nothing:
  • Got to spend most of the day Saturday with my sister Jill and the kids. This always makes for a great day!

  • Kelli's yummy Homemade pizza Saturday night. Mmmmm....Feta and Artichokes

  • Terminator! Friday night. Josh owes me for that one. One chick flick please.

  • Bday party for Olivia, Carter, Jill, Noma and some leftovers for Gabe and Eli. LOTS of FOOD and cake-including Kelli's salad I so love!

  • Lasagna at the Quincy's, Josh's fav

  • Bike ride Monday morning, after some coaxing, and got my butt handed to me....man, I am out of shape!

  • Jello, of course! Would a weekend be complete without my Pretzel Jello Salad? I don't think so.... It was a hit, by the way.

  • Got a haircut. 5 inches long gone, but I Love it!

  • Some chilly waterskiing and BIG waves Monday afternoon

  • A GREAT Memorial day with lots of family and friends. I love this day. I love that the kick off to summer is spent remembering those who have passed on, and spending time with those you love. I missed my mom so much yesterday, but it was ok. I knew she was with us, and I knew she was proud of us all, with the exception of the Chicagohans, making to the cemetery, almost on time.
  • Late to cemetery because of slight clothing mishap. I forgot my bra. I know, I know, for us small chested gals it ain't so bad. Good thing my shirt was baggy.


Here is a photo of the new do'


One Memorial Day behind us. That was another one of those "firsts" I was really worried about. It was nice to know that I have the support of so many loved ones. I have always taken my extended family for granted, until now. I appreciate them all so much!

Now, it is time for Josh and me to pack our bags for some more family togetherness, this time, we get to spend the next 5 days in Estes Park, CO with the Quincy family! I am so excited!

10 comments:

  1. Cute hair! You're brave for cutting that much off! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude you suck! Would you please quit going on all these vacations without me? At least save a vacation day to come to visite the good part of the world :)
    Your hair looks so cute. I am really glad you had a good weekend with the fam. That is awesome Jill visited. I can't believe Carter is 13!!!!!
    Love ya tons

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to talk to you guys--we knew you'd sneek in a sky trip somewhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You still had energy to pull weeds after your bike ride! And you waterskied, so I think you are in great shape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that most of your bullets are about food. haha. And cute hair, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cut my hair on memorial day, too. We're gonna look like twins at Estes park. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your remembering huh? I laughed just as hard as the first time.

    It was a great weekend! Spending time with you guys is the best. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute haircut!! It looks awesome. Looks like you had a super fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We need to get more bikerides in. How about mountain next time, I do believe you have a mountain bike, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute new hair! I am glad you had such a great weekend

    ReplyDelete