Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Old Faithful

I woke up Saturday with purpose. Josh and I were out of underwear, the bathroom was growing who knows what, and the dishes were overflowing. Wow, I sound like a terrible housekeeper.... Hey, give me a break. This house work stuff is new to me. I grew up with a housekeeper and a mom who loved dishes!

As I was putting laundry in the washer, I realize we have stalactites hanging from the shelf in the closet, that have dripped forming stalactites on one of my dresses, and puddling on the floor. Awesome. Old Man Carl's Laundry Detergent is a little old, don't you think? The bottom had burst open and leaked everywhere!

So, I get to work, and have to basically hose down the place. Once everything is cleaned up, and if you have ever cleaned up a half a bottle of laundry detergent, you know it gets soapy, and very very very very bubbly. So, I throw the stuff covered in detergent in the laundry, and head to clean the bathroom. While scrubbing the sink, I can hear the washer draining, and some "glub glub glub" sounds. Uh Oh. Next thing I know, there is water shooting out of the toilet, and water bubbling (LOTS of bubbles, which I attribute to the soapiness of the laundry) up from the drain in the shower! AH! I have a geyser!

Turns out, we have a blockage. DUH. Great. So, Wednesday night at 9:30PM, the rooter man shows up with his snake thingy, and gets down and dirty. This made Old Man Carl's day, or night, whatever. He hasn't this much action in years. He even got the energy to make it down the stairs to check it out. Bless his heart. No, really.

7 comments:

  1. ha ha Meg seriously you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We forgot to ask you if you got it all taken care of. Sounds like you did. I would have loved to see the geyser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had that happen in our Burbank apartment. It was disgusting and all over the place. Mikaela even slipped in it. I was sure happy when that was all fixed.
    When we were first married, Don put liquid dish soap in the dishwasher and bubbles came out EVERYWHERE! There were so many bubbles. We had our entire kitchen floor covered with 2 feet of bubbles!
    Ah, the joys of adventures in apartment living...enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh No! That sounds awful. Quit with the housework. I know for certain that Josh grew up doing chores, make him take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg, you make it all sound like a fun adventure! You are wonderful! I hope you get a little less adventure for a while1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't know that was even possible! Thanks for the tip. :) Bless Carl's heart... you're too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did old man Carl make it back up the stairs? Thats the important question.

    ReplyDelete