Monday, April 12, 2010

Oops

So, I am (kinda "used to be") a cyclist. I used to have the occasional bumps and bruise from falling off the bike, or rubbing my calf against my chain ring, etc.

I am a water skier. Summertime brings lots of bruises and cuts on my legs. I bruise easily, what can I say.

However, my newest found hobby has proven to be the most dangerous....
Who would have thought that a morning sewing a baby shower gift among other things could turn into this:

Yep, a sewing injury, worse than all the cycling, water skiing, running, swimming, and all active sports I have taken part in my life, injuries. Rotary cutters are sharp!

Good thing we have a trained nurse next door, so I didn't have to fork over my other arm & leg for a visit to the ER.

No stitches, cause there wasn't anything left to stitch up. Just LOTS of blood, bandages, and ouches, and actually a lot of laughs. Words of advice, don't cut fabric with the shower running, a cake in the oven, and in your underwear. :)

5 comments:

  1. Ouch that sure doesn't look like it feels good.. chels told me at her shower that you had done this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you are alive today to post about it. Hope it's feeling better - come over anytime for more bandages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it feels better! The pound cake was delicious! And of course you didn't bleed on the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am shocked how sharp those rotary cutters are too! It once BRUSHED the back of my hand and I was shocked to see blood trickling down my arm. You be careful! And I hope it feels better soon. Are all crafts on hold? Maybe Josh can do some cutting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete