Monday, March 29, 2010

New News!

We bought a house! Yay!

I know everyone is wondering what happened with the building idea. It just wasn't the right thing for us right now. We decided, (we being mostly ME) that it might be best for us just to buy something, get the $8,000 tax credit, live in it a few years, and then build. It took Josh a day or two, but once he fell in the love with the third car garage of the house we bought, he saw my way. :)

So, we bought a cute rambler on the border of Clearfield and Layton. I say the border, because it is! We put an offer on a house two blocks away, and it was Layton. This house is actually in Clearfield (which I am a little nervous about). Anyone from Davis County, your comments are welcome. I am new to the Davis County area, so fill me in! It seems to be a great neighborhood, and the houses are fairly new and updated. We will see. Anyway, the house is awesome! It is a rambler, with a mostly finished basement, a third car garage, and LOTS of grass! It has a little garden area in the backyard, and even came with a swing set! Bring on the kids! :)

Anyway, so that's the story. We are really excited! Both Josh and I have worked so hard for this, and can't wait to get out of Carl's basement. We love Carl, and will miss him, but it is time.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us with this decision. If anyone needs an awesome Realtor, let me know!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah! We're so excited for you! Jason was showing me the pictures last night. We're kind of jealous of the wood floors. I agree, bring on the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the first one you looked at that you wanted so bad that you didn't think you got? It sounds like that one! I am so excited for you. This is definately the better route. Get your butts in there so the babies can come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering and forgot to ask you yesterday. Yay! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's adorable. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just not going to know what to do with all that room! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats that is so great. I cant wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the house you guys!! How fun, new places are my favorite things! I bet you are soo excited! I've been missing you guys and just have to take a trip up soon! I'm thinking July or something when it's killer here and just a little hot there! :) Happy house!!

    And hope you guys have a happy Easter too! :)
    Love you Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What ward are you in? I live in Layton well Clearfield border line!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! When do you move? A new house would have been so boring anyway, with everything just as you liked it, right? Old houses require a bit of creative work to make it feel like your own, which is a personal investment we've enjoyed. Post some pictures.

    ReplyDelete