Friday, March 13, 2009

"A" for Effort

So, when I bought the wagon back in September, Josh and I had the discussion of taking the car to the dealer to get serviced, or having him do it. He was adamant about changing the oil himself, and because I am such a wonderful supporting wife (yeah, right) I let him win this battle. Little did I know, I would soon be the one winning the battle.

This was our conversation Wednesday night after Josh had changed the oil Friday before we drove the 800 miles to and from Las Vegas:

Meg: Hey, can you go check the car. It seems to be shifting funny.

Josh: Sure, I think I need to drain some oil, because I think there is too much in it.

Meg: (20 Minutes later) So, whats wrong with the car?

Josh: (While surfing the web, and biting his lip) Um, I think I might have drained the Transmission Fluid instead of the Oil....

Meg: YOU DID WHAT??? (I won't go into much detail here on what was said, mostly because my mother in law reads my blog :) )

No, to Josh's defense, they do look a lot alike. When I took it to the dealership (Dan) to fix it, he was gracious in letting me know that Jiffy Lube does it all the time. Thankfully, the car didn't sustain any damage, and was just a few $$$ short of Transmission fluid and a few $$$ full of Oil. So, this is one of those "I told you so" moments, but of course, being the wonderful supportive wife I am, I let this one slide.

(Don't read if you gag easily)
I do have to take a moment though to defend my darling husband. I am so thankful to have a husband who is such a handy man. Whenever something breaks, or the fluorescent lights in the bedroom go out, or when the door jamb gets stuck, or the moulding is missing and letting Old Man Carl's cigarette smoke leak in, or hang our new TV, and MANY MANY picture frames, and even change the oil in the car, he is ever so willing to help me. I couldn't ask for anyone better! I love him so much, and being married to him has made my life in balance again. I couldn't make it through a day without him. He listens to me complain (A LOT) and listens to me cry, and vent, and makes me laugh (A LOT) and always makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. I hope that I can do for him what he does for me. Except the beautiful woman part, that would just be weird.

5 comments:

  1. Ya we will give him an A for effort and being so sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh.

    And again, with the font.

    I'm gonna keep complaining until you fix it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, I am glad you have such an awesome husband. You deserve the best. So good job Josh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura's Dad did the same thing to her sister's car. He worked at a gas station/mechanic shop for several years. If anything, my respect for Quincy has gone up for being able to fit in so much oil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always wanted someone just like Troy. Sounds like you got him!

    Now we can gag and throw up...

    ReplyDelete