Friday, February 13, 2009

It's got to be Mom...

So, I had a little breakdown last Sunday. I have been having some serious "feel sorry for myself" days lately...

So, when I had my little breakdown, I went up to her room and just cried. "I need something that is hers, just to have it, to feel what is left of her on it". So, what did mom have more than anything else??? LOTION!

I grab a HUGE bottle of Avon pink lotion, which she put on her feet every night before she went to bed. I love that smell.

Sunday night, as Josh and I were getting ready for bed, the lotion sat closed (with a push and turn lid, I might add) on my nightstand. We laughed and laughed about a friend who's husband accidental wet the bed right after they got married and peed all over her. I was laughing so hard, I almost peed the bed right then.

5:30am rolls around, and I feel something cold on my back. I roll over to feel something wet on the sheets. So, what is my first thought? "Josh or I have wet the bed!" To my surprise it is a little sticky, and smells quite nice... At that moment I feel the half empty bottle...

Somehow, I had opened that HUGE bottle of Mom lotion in the middle of the night, and slept with it open. The sheets were so saturated with lotion, that there was a 6 inch puddle.

When I told Keli what had happened, her answer was "It's got to be Mom, you lucky". I'm going with that. She visited me, and left a little something behind for me to remember. I love you mom, come visit me anytime, I miss you so much!

6 comments:

  1. The Mom visit is much better than the Chapman episode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the story I love it. You got me all chocked up. Can't wait to see you Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tears in my eyes..what sweet simple..but close to only you story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, could you please make your font a tad smaller? I mean, I know I'm not Mom, and I have two good eyes, but seriously, I CAN'T SEE IT! It's too teeny tiny.

    But I did love your story, or at least what I could read of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny! At least you smell good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahaha. I showed juston this, and he about died laughing when he read the part about your friend accidentally peeing in the night! thats so funny

    ReplyDelete